A meeting of the NUT Strategy, Finance and Communication committee on 8th May, which was approved at today's Executive, agreed to recommend:
- that the Union write to the TSN with its own proposals in respect of structure and governance of the proposed new charity;
- that the Executive agree the following principles:
- Board of Trustees: a majority should be drawn from NUT, UCU, and subscribers;
- NUT should appoint directly at least two Trustees; and
- Advisory Board: revised composition should reflect a charity focus supporting teachers and UCU members and their families.
- that the Executive confirm its commitment to engage in negotiations with TSN on a revised timetable for implementation.